VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All, I am using DVDLab pro and I have a couple of motion menus where my "buttons" are just text objects. Along the lines of a "Play all" kind of thing where the text highlights when it is selected. Pretty simple stuff.

Here is what I am struggling with:

For the life of me I can't seem to find a good font to use that doesnt look like jaggedy doo-doo when played on a DVD player.
    My DVD is designed for 4:3 and I am playing it on a high def widescreen in 4:3 mode.

Unfortunately, within DVD lab when you simulate the text, it looks beautiful - this is far from the case when it is actually burned and played though.

I understand that I could alternatively put my text in my background video for the menu but I want highlighted text. Also, I'd like to know why it is doing this. Could it be my player (its a DVD-recorder, new model)?

Are there any settings in DVDLab I should look at to improve the resolution / crispness of the text?

Has anyone found a font to use that just "works" well? I have probably 1000+ fonts, I can't try em all to find out!

Any ideas?

Much appreciated!

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by optikon
    My DVD is designed for 4:3 and I am playing it on a high def widescreen in 4:3 mode.
    You should be able to make a 16:9 menu even if your dvd video is actually 4:3. I do it all the time in tda 2.0. That should help sharpen your text a bit. It won't change your video inside the dvd just the menu.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote