VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, There is an issue that confused me. There many softwares in the market that fit complete Bluray movie BD50 disc to identically and same as source disc to BD25 discs. How they can do it? As far as I know sound files in Bluray movies (Dolby true hd, Dolby digital, DTS HD, DTS, etc.) couldn't be compressed because of their authorized structure. Then only remains Video file. When I look at these softwares they said they fit with same as original(same resolution, same format, same scale) then what is difference and how they can do this. And most crucial point is there a big difference in quality especially as watching at Full HD TV???
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    They are either compressing it or stripping extra material. You can use free software to shrink like bd rebuilder.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Because they clone full disc, in my opinion they must compress video. If they achive BD25 only compressing video, I wonder how is the quality ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Quality is quite good when going to 25gb blu ray disks. H264 is really outstanding for this. I prefer to remove extras though, when using BD Rebuilder. I rarely watch anything but the main movie.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Many movies will fit on a BD25 if you do movie-only. Others that won't quite fit otherwise can be made small enough if you use only the core audio, i.e. 640 kbps AC3.

BDRB can do the above for you. Or if you want full-disc, you can compress it to fit BD25. I really wouldn't worry about losing quality. As already mentioned, H.264 is highly efficient. You won't be able to tell the difference. It's hard to distinguish from the original even when compressing to BD9.

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Shortly before, I have tried full BD50 movie disc to BD25 cloning with one of the well known software. Astonishing but their is no difference in image and sound quality. May be an expert with very delicate tools can detect the difference but in normal watching at full HD Tv's there is no difference
    Quote Quote