VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Does anyone know of a single program that really works in converting Blu-Ray to MKV? I have AnyDVD HD if needed.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried MakeMKV?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use AnyDVD HD > RipBot264 and convert BD > MKV 8GB, two pass, 640Kb/s AC3, and it works great. Of course for a fairly fast encode you need a multi-core CPU running at about 3Ghz. Takes me about 4 - 5 hours with a six core CPU at 3.5Ghz. If you're not concerned with filesize, use MKV single pass as it will be quite a bit quicker.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Have tried 'MakeMKV', but didn't like the quality. Also tried 'Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper', but didn't realize DTS audio wasn't supported. Am currently trying 'DVDFab Blu-Ray Ripper', but get an error message after 13% that the 'Process Failed'. Needless to say I'm a little disappointed in not being able to find something that works.

Once again, if anyone knows of a tried and tested program that will convert Blu-Ray to MKV (with DTS support), please let me know.

FYI, here are my computer specs:
    Intel Quad Core 2.4GHz
    6Gig RAM
    Win 7
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS
    SATA HD's

Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bht42 View Post
    Have tried 'MakeMKV', but didn't like the quality.
    Thanks again
    About the quality...that I don't understand. MakeMKV does nothing to change the quality from the input. It takes the input.. strips stuff out and put what remains in a MKV container.

Myself.. For BRs I use MakeMKV,,,,DaudioK( to change DTS or PCM to AC3) ,,,Fab Passport with TSMuxer and ver 4.0 of MKVToolNix. and suprip to convert sups to srt. and TextToChap.jar to change chapters.

What I use depends on how the original BR was setup.

I don't use any all in one programs. The programs above will do everything you need to do short of reducing the size of the files.

For DVDs can't see any reason to convert them to MKV.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    - Anydvd to hd
    - Bdinfo to find the mpls
    - Tsmuxer to .m2ts
    - Makemkv if you prefer (I leave as .m2ts for WDTV Live playback.)
    Have a good one,

neomaine

NEW! VideoHelp.com F@H team 166011!
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=166011

Folding@Home FAQ and download: http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Quote Quote