VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have this bluray movie in mkv format (not sure if you can still call it blu ray but the quality is ).The size is 4 GB and I want to watch it on my DVD player.I tried converting it to VOB file using convertxtodvd but everytime I do it,it says memory overload or something like that.Any other way i can burn it on dvd without losing the HD quality?
    I can't live without my computer.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    A dvd player won't play HD video. You'll need to convert it to standard definition dvd-video if you want to play it on a regular dvd player. ConvertX should be able to do this, but if you want another program to try, AVStoDVD is free to use. Multiavchd can also output in standard def dvd-video.

You should post the error message from ConvertX. I'm sure the members here can provide some answers for you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Kerry56 is correct for a regular dvd player it will need to be reencoded - no way around that.

BUT if you have a bluray player why not encode it to avchd? Use multiavchd to take the mkv and output it to avchd. Assuming you have a bluray player that can play avchd than you are all set and you can easily burn it to regular dvdr with no problem at all (and you can use imgburn too )
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FWIW, I agree with both Kerry and Yoda on answer, software and method.
    I love children, girl children... about 16-40
    W.C. Fields
    Quote Quote