VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am backing up to a BD-5 (single layer DVD-R), but it always fail. I have tried many times. BD Rebuilder log's as following. Please help me!

00:20:32] BD Rebuilder v0.34.11 (beta)
    - Source: BUCKET_LIST_B5_JP
    - Input BD size: 20,13 GB
    - Approximate total content: [01:37:04.568]
    - Target BD size: 7,84 GB
    - Windows Version: 5.1 [2600]
    - MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
    - Auto Quality: Good (Very Fast), Two Pass
    - Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
    [00:20:32] PHASE ONE, Encoding
    - [00:20:32] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00000]
    - [00:56:02] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 1)
    - [00:56:02] Collecting video information
    - Source Video: VC-1, 1920x1080
    - Rate/Length: 23,976fps, 139.650 frames
    - Bitrate: 9.583 Kbs
    - [00:56:02] Reencoding: VID_00000, Pass 1 of 2
    - Encode failed. Retrying.
    - Encode failed. Retrying.
    - Reached retry limit. Aborting.
    - BD-Rebuilder v0.34.11 (beta)
    - Windows Version: 5.1 [2600]
    - AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.8.0, Ok
    - HAALI Splitter: Ok
    - FFDSHOW: 3326, Ok
    [00:56:10] - Failed video encode, aborted

I am using a Core Quad Processor, 2 GB RAM, Win XP Prof, HD Sata II.
    Quote Quote  
  2. In your BDRB folder, there is a utility called inspect.exe, that can verify your configuration. Please run it and post the results.

Your version of ffdshow is the one recommended by jdobbs, that's good. Your Avisynth version is not, but that's unlikely to be a problem.

If I had to guess, I'd say make certain that in ffdshow settings, VC-1 decoding be set to WMV9. Next thing would be to uninstall Haali, delete the Haali folder in programs, and re-install the version of Haali Matroska splitter available here:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143716

There is a new version of BDRB available that corrects some bugs with audio and subtitle extraction. It seems to me the extraction time in your log is unusually long considering it's movie only and runtime is less than 100 minutes. (Again, that could be the VC-1 decoder setting causing the problem). You should try the newest version of BDRB.

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Jdobbs has this on the first page of that bug thread you listed fritzi93: Recommended for Windows XP only: Download and install WMV11 from Microsoft, and set VC-1 decoding to "disabled" in FFDSHOW (allowing the WMV11 codec to be used). This seems to be the codec with the fewest problem on VC-1. For Vista or Windows 7 -- select "wmv9"

jairtonfs is using XP. I haven't been keeping up with all the developments in BD Rebuilder, not as much as I should, so is it now recommended to use WMV9 in ffdshow when using XP?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Most people can use ffdshow for decoding VC-1, using WMV9 setting. That's what I do with no trouble at all.

But you're right that using the WMP11 decoder should work when, for whatever reason, ffdshow does not. The recommendation must have been updated since last I read that specific paragraph. IIRC, it used to be use WMP11 decoder if one has problems with ffdshow.

I have the WMP11 install package, but since BDRB works fine for me and I have no intention of installing WMP11 for any other reason...well there you are.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote