VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have tried several mp3 player to car fm radio transmitters. Problem is, I can only get about several inches from the car radio/antenna and have a good signal. ( The instruction manual says the range should be 4 to 6 feet, but this is not true.) Any more than several inches, and the signal degrades rapidly. I choose a blank frequency from the available options (88.1, 3,5,7,9).
    These devices have proven useful to me on occasion. Sometimes I use them to play into other people's cheap table top fm radio that doesn't have "audio in" jack. I am wondering if anyone knows of a particular brand of transmitter that will have a better range. Should be able to run on 2 or 3 batteries. I saw one at Microcenter that said the range should be 165 feet ( I really doubt this), but that device was a complete mp3 player with transmitter attached to 12 volt cigarette ligher plug, and I don't want that setup.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The ones that plug into a car lighter socket seem to work better as they probably radiate into the car wiring to help signal strength. Ones that run off batteries are probably limited by laws governing transmitter power outputs, so there may not be many with higher power ratings that are legal.
    Quote Quote