VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have just started working with a surgical company that produces videos of operations. They have been hiring outside vendors to film and edit these videos in the past and they would like to now do the editing within the company. While I have experience editing with premiere, I don't have experience with setting up the specs needed for the computers to run premiere (i.e. hardware, specs, system requirments, etc...). I would appreciate any and all suggestions on what you feel the company would need to purchase to set up a video editing station.

Please help.

Thanks,

A newbie to setup
    Quote Quote  
  2. Bill Conn
    Search Comp PM
    Shawn, when you say "build" do you mean assemble all components (case, power supply, mobo, etc.) yourself or specify the build for, say, Dell?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The Adobe website, as well as sellers of Premiere, list both minimum and recommended system requirements to run the software. Always follow the recommendations for maximum performance. You will always need a dedicated harddrive for your video project files. Graphics card, CPU power, etc. will depend largely on whether you are editing SD or HD footage. In the case of HD, if your footage is AVCHD, then you will need a powerful system. Conversely, HDV is a bit less demanding of the system.
    Quote Quote