VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a MAC and I need to convert a video of 2 singing performances of mine from .BUP and .IFO files. I cannot use Super because it does not support Mac's. Mac has a limited program that does not support .BUP and .IFO conversion. I need to convert these files to any of the above mentioned formats: AIFF, AU, FLAC, M4A, OGG Vorbis or WAV. I could also convert them to MP2/MP3. I am using Audacity to edit and these are the formats that they support.

Please help me find a solution if there is one. Thank you!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    Those ifo and bup files don't contain any data. They are 'information' and 'backup' files that hold instructions for the DVD player.
    The audio and video data is contained in the vob files.
    Can you locate the vob files?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

Thanks for responding to my query. Yes, I found all the files along with the VOB. Today, I tried uploading the movies using MacTheRipperPro. It successfully uploaded to my hard drive but Audacity still didn't recognize the various formats. I also installed FFmpeg for Audacity. This was supposed to allow me to drag the VOB files directly off the DVD into Audacity. I tried that as well, but it did not work. I must be missing a step or two. I just want some of the songs I sang in order to edit them in Audacity and then burn to a demo CD. I'm trying MacTheRipper tomorrow..the free version... to see if I might get a better result. Any other suggestions? The Pro version automatically saves the movies to a .dvdmedia extension. I can uncheck the box but there are no other choices available. I don't know if this makes any difference anyway. I'm trying to change them to a WAV format.

Do you have any ideas on what I can do next?
    Thanks.
    MLK3329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Open VTS_01_1.VOB in MPEG Streamclip. It will ask you if you want to open as a whole DVD (not just that particular VOB); click Yes.
    Menu File > Export Audio. AIFF stereo will be the default choice.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the suggestion! I will try it and post my results. MLK3329
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Case! Thank you so much for helping me with my situation. I downloaded MPEG Streamclip and it totally solved my problem. I'm now going to begin to edit the songs with Audacity. I had been carefully editing cassette tapes of my performances that had been copied from professionally created VCR tapes, but there were still too many "pops" and "glitches" for me to use them for my website or my music demo. The DVD I just converted, had been professionally created from the original video camera tapes so the quality is wonderful, clear and crisp. I haven't read all about MPEG Streamclip, but I assume that I'll be able to use this to convert in order to upload scenes from some of my performances to my website, which will be the next step in the process. Thank you! Thank you! Thank You! God bless... MLK3329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MLK3329 View Post
    MPEG Streamclip [...] totally solved my problem.
    You're welcome.
    Quote Quote