VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. After ripping to ISO w/AnyDVD, when selecting input source on BD Rebuilder I get the following error: Selected input is not BD format. Can anyone help?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mount the ISO first on a virtual drive, for example VirtualCloneDrive (free).
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Guess I should have mentioned the ISO is mounted on VCD and I still get same error.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Have you installed the exact versions of ffdshow, Haali matroska splitter and Avisynth linked on this page from the author?:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143716

Have you run inspect.exe included in the BDRB package? Does your configuration check out?
    Last edited by fritzi93; 4th Oct 2010 at 10:03.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes, all software is loaded per milOtis' guide. Last year I had everything up and running fine. Blu-Ray's copied to DVD-R with perfect results. Then I picked up a virus and ended up wiping my OS and reloading. (XP) This time after getting everything reloaded, I get the Selected Input is not BD Format.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. A guess - it probably isn't reading UDF2.5 format. If you put a commercial BD in the drive, can Windows Explorer see it's contents?
    If it can't, Google for the Toshiba UDF2.5 application but read the installation instructions carefully to bypass the "is it a Toshiba" check !

Brian.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Okay, assuming you've installed the versions recommended by jdobbs, and config.exe tells you everything is configured correctly...no offense, and just to make certain, you've chosen the correct folder, right?

Your error can be caused by Haali getting corrupted. Simple uninstall/re-install won't fix it, you also need to delete the Haali folder in Programs before re-installing.

A more obscure cause discussed in the BDRB bug report thread, and it's a long shot, is this:

source path problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a very annoying problem that for non-unicode language such as Chinese, the source path is invalid. We must set the non-unicode programing language to English in the "control center/language and region/advanced" and reboot in order to use BDRB. Otherwise, an error message (source check 00006) telling you the selected source is not BD format keeps on forever. Anyone knows any workaround other than doing the language setting? Because after setting the language to English, all other programs may have invalid path and the language should be re-set back to English and reboot again. Thanks in advance.

PS: Clown_BD_v0.40b.exe and CLIPINF_Editor_v0.02b.exe do not have the same problem for source path.

The above can happen with imported Chinese AVCHD discs.

I'd say try re-installing Haali, then try the same rip using alternate playlist selection. If that also fails, try ripping to folder instead of image and try again. Maybe it's a bad rip.

Is it just this one movie giving you trouble? If so, it might help to know the title.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by betwixt View Post
    A guess - it probably isn't reading UDF2.5 format. If you put a commercial BD in the drive, can Windows Explorer see it's contents?
    If it can't, Google for the Toshiba UDF2.5 application but read the installation instructions carefully to bypass the "is it a Toshiba" check !

Brian.
    Oh yes [smacks head], do try installing udfreader first!
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Installed udf reader and that took care of the prob. thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote