VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Short story: I want to strip all of the unnecessary crap out of these test DVD and just have the actual "test clips", no menus etc.

These 'test' DVD's are a real problem to customize to remove all of the unnecessary 'crap' that is not the actual test clips. Digital Video Essentials & Avia are bad enough, but at least you can wind up with a copy that plays. Not very well without the menu, but it will play. AFAIC, the menu is very annoying. I only want the actual test clips. No commentary or how to's etc. Just the meat and potatoes.

With this HQV Benchmark, using CloneDVD2 or DVDFab the burned disc locks up the PC using three different software players.

Looking at the end result in DVDFab, there is only one title listed that is one second long out of 12-18 titles checked. I didn't see the result in Clone DVD, but I assume it is the same.

Anyone have a solution to these poorly authored discs? I'm assuming it has something to do with the number of separate titles and a unnecessary complicated menu, unlike a 'movie' that might have two or three choices (main movie, extras, commentary etc.)

The 1st attachment is the original DVD title list (36),
    The 2nd attachment is the ripped folder off the HDD that I had 12 titles checked (and that show in the HDD folder)
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HQV title list orginal.jpg
Views:	604
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	3608  

Click image for larger version

Name:	HQV title list ripped w 12 titles.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	3609  

Last edited by videobruce; 26th Sep 2010 at 11:17.
    Why are ones and zeros so complicated? Linear Video Editing was easier. Downloading & streaming are two different things.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The next question is, what are all of those 14KB files of the titles that weren't checked??
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HQV title list ripped w 12 titles.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	3612  

Why are ones and zeros so complicated? Linear Video Editing was easier. Downloading & streaming are two different things.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Select "main movie" in DVDFab and you'll not have any menu.

"Customize" gives you a menu and the main movie, no extras.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    But that won't allow me to uncheck any of the 36 titles. That doesn't do me any good at all!

These are not "extras" and the menu can be checked or unchecked using Customize.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The problem is without the 1st title which is nothing more than a introduction, the burned DVD will not work. Adding that 1st useless title worked.
    Quote Quote