VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to sync the Warehouse 13 podcasts to the DVDs. So far, it's a pain. You can barely hear the original audio playing in the background (although frankly it would be easier if it weren't there) so I have something to compare.

It sounds like the podcasts start several seconds before the DVD audio, and then go progressively further out of sync. I know how to correct for the former, but the latter is no so easy.

I know you can use Audacity to change the tempo of the audio, but I don't know how to calculate the "percent change" of the audio. If I know how far out of sync the audio is at two points, I should be able to calculate the rate the audio is going out of sync, I just can't figure out the formula.

Does anyone happen to know it? Guess and checking different percentages is taking forever, and it really isn't the best method.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I did a procedure here: http://www.mfbb.net/myvideoproblems/myvideoproblems-about25.html for re-syncing external audio with camcorder audio a while back using Audacity.

Not quite the same thing, but you could select the two reference points on both of your audio tracks, and apply the same procedure for creating a percentage correction figure.
    Quote Quote