VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hey
    I basicly wonder if anyone here has managed to get their Samsung BD P3600 region unlocked on the new firmware releases.
    I am currently in region 2 (europe) and have tried the remote code with "press repeat" then 57538 for my region etc.
    But nothing happens, at the same time I've read in other places that it might be due to Samsung locking the regions in the new firmwares?

Basicly just want to hear if anyone else is having the same problem or has succeeded in unlocking the region settings to make it region free. If you have made it region free, how?

Thanks in advance
    /D
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I said this earlier in another thread. It applies here too.

Welcome to the forums. You can always ask and maybe you'll be lucky and someone will have a solution that works for you, but you may not ever be able to unlock it.

1) Some players can't ever be unlocked. BluRay players are almost impossible to unlock.
    2) Due to hardware changes by the manufacturer, unlock codes that worked in the past may not work now. This also covers the case where models sold in one part of the world may have different hardware from other parts of the world and the unlock codes only work on the models sold in a specific region.

Note that Samsung and Sony are currently the most difficult to unlock players in the world so you may not ever get a code that works for your player.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    hehe k, any tips on what bluray player one should buy in Europe and that is easy to make region free?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I think it's sold under the Hiteker name in Europe, but this player should be sold as being able to be region free for BluRay and DVD playback. I've got the US version which is sold as Momitsu here. The Hiteker/Momitsu requires a hardware hack, but the seller should have already done it for you.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    ok will check if i can find it, thanks
    Quote Quote