good day everyone! how are we? i've just started to learn about subtitles and tools to help you toward your goals with them. i posted a topic earlier last week about this and got the answer(s) i was looking for about a program. Now i am using avidemux to embed subs to an .mp4 film in order to have english subs on this foreign film. now i've ran into a couple of problems one in particular that i'm asking about here pertains to the program i used to put the subtitle on the film. i did the "hard subs" or embedded them onto the video(which honestly i wanted to overlay them in order to turn them off/on if i so please and, anyone willing to help: guide me to the right resources. is greatly appreciated!) and when i got the process finished i found that every was in working order except the audio, the track would skip, it would play correctly as far the time code goes, yet it would skip intermittently like every 3-5 seconds you could hear distortion on the track, it wasn't out of sync or anything it just had this constant distortion. if i had to guess i would have to give credit to not having a separate audio file for the conversion/subtitle process. i just used avidemux and set the video settings to mpeg4/xvid and setup the filters for subs in there. i read around that it's best to have 3 separate tracks (Audio/Video/Subs) rather than 2(Video/subs). also for what it's worth i'm not working with a lot as far as puters are concerned and acer netbook aspire ZG5(aoa 150-1777).
In closing i have very little experience/knowledge dealing with subs at all and i know this is one of the best resources available on the net! so thanks in advance to those who can assist me and, if i'm missing anything important from my equation please ask away, in order to help me accomplish this! thanks again!