VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have used now for many years a program called avisynthesizer and with it you can right click a video file anmd then SEND TO AVISYNTHESIZER> and it will generate the avs file with either directshowsource of avisource or anything elzse you like with template files you can preconfigure. Now on windows 7, this program does not work and I have ocntacted the author and he does not want to update it. It is open source and anyone could update it to fix the issue, but I don't have the skills to do it. Is theree any other similar program that will let me generate avs script based on input files easily and quickly? Opening up notepad and pasting the filename in there manually every time is kind of a pain, especially since I have been spoiled by this excelent avisynthesizer program for so many years.

Or does any programmer want to fix it? The problem should be easy as far as I can tell, I think that all that has to be done is the templates directory probably needs to be moved to %appdata% and I bet that would fix it.

Contact me if you want to give it a go and cant find the app via google. It really is an amazing tiny little app that is awesome for working with avisynth. You can even open multiple videos with it and join them into one video script all with one click.
    Quote Quote  
  2. That's a nice little utility. This worked for me in Win7 64 bit:

http://jkontherun.com/2009/02/03/customize-the-windows-7-send-to-menu-option/

You can use the Open With option too. But then you'd have to associate it with every video file extension.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I generate AVS files using batch files, for example:

Code:
    :: AVI MP3 PAL 16:9

:LOOP
    for %%A in (*.avi) do (
    IF NOT EXIST "%%~nA.avs" ((

echo.AVISource^("%%A"^)
    echo.EnsureVBRMP3Sync^(^)
    echo.LanczosResize^(720,576^)
    echo.#Trim^(0,0^)

) > "%%~nA.avs"
    )  )

SHIFT
    @if %1X==X goto END
    @goto LOOP
    :END 
    exit
    Here's one I used for some crummy old B/W TV caps:

Code:
    :: AVI 4:3 640x480 25 fps 44100 Hz 

:LOOP
    for %%A in (*.avi) do (
    IF NOT EXIST "%%~nA.avs" ((

echo.AVISource^("%%A"^) 
    echo.EnsureVBRMP3sync^(^)
    echo.ConvertToMono^(^).SSRC^(48000,false^)
    echo.GreyScale^(^) 
    echo.DeGrainMedian^(limitY=5,limitUV=8,mode=0^)
    echo.LSFmod^(strength=125, dest_x=688, dest_y=544, defaults="fast"^)
    echo.AddBorders^(16,16,16,16^)

) > "%%~nA.avs"
    ) )

SHIFT
    @if %1X==X goto END
    @goto LOOP

:END 

exit
    The only tricky syntax is to escape ( and ) with ^ so it they're written into the AVS script, not seen as part of the batch.
    The "IF NOT EXIST" is to prevent it overwriting an existing AVS file.

Also, VirtualDubMod has an option under "open file" to use an Avisynth template. Though I've never used that myself.
    Last edited by AlanHK; 24th Sep 2010 at 00:35.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I did it! I made a BASIC template batch file

echo avisource(%1) > %1.avs

Next I will edit the send to option to link to these batch files, should work just about as good as avisynther. Can I use a batch file to do multiple files and have it avisource(%1) + avisource +(%2) etc to join them? the only downside to this is stupid explorer will not feed the files in alphabetical order (
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by duhmez View Post
    echo avisource(%1) > %1.avs
    If there are no spaces in the path\filename %1 will not include the opening and closing quotes. At least on Windows XP. I'm not sure about Windows Vista or 7.
    Quote Quote  
  6. OK I just tested, and it does add the " " even if the full path has no spaces, this on Windows 7.

Giggity Goo!
    Quote Quote  
  7. I am going to stuf my tempplate batch files into the z send to folder, this wil alow me to send the filenames to the batch and generate any avisynth template I want. The only thing I cannot do with this method is join multiple video files in a certain desired order, it may work but explorer seems to randomize the order of multiple selections, annoyingly.
    Quote Quote