VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Topic is self explanatory, i formatted my computer and put a new windows partition on, with out realizing i never backed up my copy of capwiz, now trying to access the website i cant seem to find them anywhere online, i have the drivers for my dvdxpress dx2 and would really like to get it up and running again.

If anyone knows of an alternate download link, or could upload there own or even recommend another program that would work with this device it would be much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ADS Technologies R.I.P. Dead hahaha
    I can't be for sure but it look like they got hack and may have disable all pages being there no news what so ever of being sold or anythings else.
    Have you tryed calling Tech support 562.926.4338 ??
    Sorry I can't help with that problem that why you alway make backup copy and keep your install CDs
    I'm sure you going to say I lost it funny I never lost any of my install/software CD and I have a few dating far back to 1992
    I don't think there is a alternate program when it come ADS Tech device
    Last edited by SHS; 23rd Sep 2010 at 10:45.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I actually bought the dvdxpress dx2 from a friend for a few bucks, so i didnt want to pass up the deal, in turn i never had a physical installation cd, but i was able to get the drivers and the capwiz software within the last 2 months from the website, it saddens me greatly as it worked perfect for capping gameplay, if ANYONE has a copy of the capwiz installation, including yourself good sir, im not above making a small paypal donation of 5 dollars and an epic high five in exchange for it. lol
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    did you try a google search? lots of places to d/l from as it's freeware. like this one.
    http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/soft/705776/
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yup, just like any other "download now" link is always directed to the main website, which is down and currently unavailable for saving.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Iv checked pages upon pages of google links and other forums, iv checked torrent, irc, usenet and filehost websites to no avail =\, im getting desperate.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ahh sorry i didn't look farther. good luck, at least it's a freeware program and someone might have a copy.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is what you want "CapWiz DX2 3805.zip"
    I did check a round and I'm suprize that nobody has it off site not even Torrents, FTP and not even some well know Warez site and just for fun I did try calling them a few time but nobody is pickup the phone so they must gone under.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is baffling how not a single person has seemed to upload it anywhere since its release, but the offer is still valid a 5 dollar paypal donation for your troubles if anyone can upload there working copy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just got word back there are out of business from a few people I know.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Try FTP download, use anonymous login. I can't verify it works, the place I'm at right now has FTP ports blocked.

ftp://ftp.adstech.com/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nic2k4 View Post
    Try FTP download, use anonymous login. I can't verify it works, the place I'm at right now has FTP ports blocked.

ftp://ftp.adstech.com/
    I all ready try that and they disable anonymous login
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yup, tried ftp before i posted, i exhausted the resources to the extent of my knowledge, even googles cached copy of the site shows up, but wont allow any links to function.

This blows =\
    Quote Quote  
  14. I just downloaded 3.8.0.17 from the link I posted, must be a beta; try that.

Or you can join driverguide.

And don't forget the wayback machine, for other ressources (I think there's a filesize limit on the things they archive, some drivers are available, but larger size ones aren't).
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    zOMG i actually found the installation file on my external hard drive buried within the drivers folder i swore i backed it the day i found it, needless to say i was very pleased, i did give the download link a try before i found it though after the install i got an error saying that i believe "dvdxpress.skn" was missing or couldn't be found, and couldnt load past that.

I do appreciate the help though, do you know somewhere i could upload it where it will last for longer then rapidshare or megaupload?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Must be an update instead of a full install file.

Driverguide is a good place, but it's members only. Even if membership is free, that turns a lot of people away. You could host the file on Fileden and post the link here; anyone googling for it will find it.
    Quote Quote  
  17. i looked and looked.. i notice everywhere no one can find this program.. i found it.. after hours of searching google. i hope this helps for anyone who searched around lately like i did.. now it will be documented online for years to come

http://www.helpdrivers.com/video/ADS/

all their software and drivers are here
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you, thank you!!

Now to make it work you need a new driver

Note that the x64 version cannot be installed without
    first turning off driver signature enforcement (at each
    boot). Neither Microsoft nor ADS support this and it
    is recommended only for expert users in Vista x64.

Note that Capwiz Beta build 15 is required.

Driver here: https://driverscollection.com/?file_cid=4089027254438906c83902078d4
    Quote Quote