VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I recently bought a capture card "AVerTV HD PVR" because i had seen some people posting some youtube videos of them using it along side of FRAPS to record HD videos off of a Playstation 3. Unfortunately i cant seem to view the PS3 on my computer using the HDMI due to lack of HDCP support on the card This is what im trying to do. I have a HDMI splitter (only uses 1 port at a time) going from my PS3 to my HD TV and 1 going to my PC for Capturing. Now unfortunately since i cant seem to get around HDCP i think my only option is to use a HDMI to Component cable (http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/104/111iht.jpg) then have that go in my capture card. My main question is, using a cable like this will i cut out HDCP? If not are there any options that i have to get around this? Any software i need to buy? Any help is appreciated. Thx.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you can record component input on the card don't buy an adapter. Just buy the actual component cable for the ps3 itself. Than you go into the ps3 and output via component instead of hdmi.

That is what I do to record the ps3 through my hauppuage hd pvr. No hdcp issues at all.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote