VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have searched the forum and it seems that most questions about shrinking refer people to other programs besides Toast. I have some VOB files for a soccer game. The files are 4.36GB but by the time Toast would add BUP and IFO files to create the DVD, the size is too big for a 4.7GB DVD-R/+R and I get a message saying the files are too large. Because the difference between what I have in terms of file size and what I need in file size is minimal, I doubt I would see much difference if the files were slightly shrunk to fit on a 4.7GB disc. I have Toast set up with a Custom setting (a setting that was recommended on this forum a couple years back). I tried switching to Automatic but got the same error. Is there something I can do to Toast to get it to slightly compress and burn these files or do I need another burning program (e.g., DVD2ONEX)?
    Quote Quote  
  2. you'll have to experiment with the Average and Maximum Encoding settings to get your files under the required size...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In Toast, set up your DVD, then save as disk image, to get a properly authored VIDEO_TS folder.
    Go to the Copy section. Select your disk image. Set the "Use Fit-to-DVD compression" checkbox to slightly compress the DVD, so it will fit on a single layer DVD-R. (If you want, save as a new disk image to preview the result before burning.)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Case View Post
    In Toast, set up your DVD, then save as disk image, to get a properly authored VIDEO_TS folder.
    Go to the Copy section. Select your disk image. Set the "Use Fit-to-DVD compression" checkbox to slightly compress the DVD, so it will fit on a single layer DVD-R. (If you want, save as a new disk image to preview the result before burning.)
    Great. When I clicked on details, Toast said high quality 0% compression. The DVD looks the same, so it was only a matter of shrinking minimally. There was nothing to cut or I would have used MPEGStreamclip to shrink.
    Quote Quote