VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey guys,

I'vebeen searching on this issue since last few days and my last hope comes to end with this post. I believe there are some geniuses here who can find some solution to my problem.

I had few videos recorded on my blackberry 9650 on the SD card. Which got deleted by mistake (classic!!! lol) Somehow i was able to recover them using some free software. (Ok, here i need to clear this, when i record video on my phone, the file extension is .3gp but when i recovered them, they came up with extensions mp4 and m4v.) Now here where the problem began. These files won't play on any damn software on this earth. I played with hex editor and bunch of other software with no luck. While comparing the header file of a working video captured using the same phone, with the ones i recovered i figured out there was a whole section of information (hex characters or whatever they are called) missing at the end of the header file for recovered video which showed up at the end of working video.

Now, i came across one post while searching that if i make copy a portion of header file from working video and paste it in the header file of non-working video then it mite just do the trick. I don't know if that works and that's where i was looking to get some help from members around here....

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately the videos are private and hence cannot post them here, however posting some screen shots from hex editor...hope that helps

Here are some images...

begining of a header file of NON-WORKING VIDEO
    Click image for larger version

Name:	nw_top_1.jpg
Views:	773
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	3536

bottom of a header file of NON-WORKING VIDEO

Name:	nw_bottom_1.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	352.5 KB
ID:	3537

begining of header file of WORKING VIDEO

Name:	w_top_1.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	3538

and here is the working video file i captured to get you idea of how the bottom of the header file looks. (will have to be opened in hex editor to get an idea...)

HTML Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?d9iws8o6v8ojidr
    Hoping to hear from few people who has been successful in handling such issues in past...

Really looking forward to find some solution here guys...

Thanks alot in advance...
    Last edited by montyp80; 21st Sep 2010 at 15:58.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    c'mon guys....atleast someone can look into this and see if they can help me find the solution????
    Quote Quote