VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've edited my footage in Vegas 9 Platinum, and now I want to put on a DVD so I can watch it on t.v. and give it to friends...

I hit the "Make Movie" button, and get the choice of "Burn it to a DVD..." After clicking that radio button and hitting "next", and then clicking "DVD" once more for what type of disc, I get an error message that reads: "DVD Architect Studio does not appear to be installed. Please save project, install Studio and begin again..."

My question is, I've downloaded the free trial version of DVD Architect Studio... yet I STILL receive this pop-up message. Will it not work with the free trial version?

I've also tried saving the file to my harddrive so I can use another program, but am having no luck doing that even though I'm trying to save it to a fairly large external harddrive.

Any thoughts?

Thanks guys!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Last I looked Vegas Platinum included a dumbed down DVD Architect.

You need that to author your DVD.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think the newer "10" release DOES include the Architect as you mention, ed....

I'm perplexed as to why I can't get my "9" version to recognize the fact that I've downloaded the trial version, as I thought that would be enough to author the DVD with?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know. Every recent version of Vegas Movie Studio included some form of feature limited DVD Arcitect. Maybe an activation issue.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ed, thanks for the help. I dug out my box and did indeed find a disc with Architect on it. Installed it and just burned my first DVD... about to go plug it in to see if it plays.
    Quote Quote  
  6. You are so luck it was a bug. Most time when we use the trail verison, the only solution is to pay the full version, awalful.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I have Vegas Movie Studio version 9 and only now, 3 years later did I try to burn a DVD using this program. Of course, I got this error: "DVD Architect Studio does not appear to be installed" I actually bought the new version of this program and installed it and I STILL got the error. I suspected that there might be a compatibility issue with the versions. So I went back to my original email invoice for vegas studio 9 and realized that there were actually THREE things to download. I had never downloaded the correlating DVD Architect Studio. Gratefully, the secret link to my account was still active and I could just get to that page and download the right file. I installed that and it is now working!!!!!
    Quote Quote