VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I converted a few mp4 clips to avi.

Process followed:

mp4 with h264 video & aac audio demuxed with mp4box & then converted the h264 to xvid avi with VirtualDub-1.9.9 using dgavcdec109 for frameserver & 2 pass encoding (default settings AS @L5).
    coverted the aac audio to mp3 using lamexp.
    Muxed the encoded xvid & mp3 with VirtualDub-1.9.9.
    Now when i play these avi files, they play just fine with perfect quality, just one problem, when i forward the video, i get a scratching sound.
    so i decided to try another method for audio, extract wav from the mp4 by opening the mp4 in virtualdub using DShowInputDriver, extracted wav at audio full processing mode, the converted the wav to mp3 with lame3.98.4 using the command "lame 1.wav 1.mp3 -b 128".
    Then muxed the encoded xvid & mp3 with VirtualDub-1.9.9 but with the same result, i.e., scratching sound on forward.

So can someone advise me on where i am going wrong.

Any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you just play the mp3 does it sound okey?

And try convert everything at once with for example xmedia recode or winff (ffmpeg frontends). Sounds a bit too complex to use 1000 tools for this "basic" conversion.....
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks for the reply Baldrick, & yes both audio & video when played seperately are fine, when muxed together they play fine too except when i forward, it sort of makes a scratching sound somewhat like DJs make with their discs or when playing a scratched disc.
    Quote Quote