VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I rip a lot of my DVD - Blu-Rays with Ripbot to MP4 files for my PSP and Family's Ipods. I noticed that if I were to chose 5.1 aac audio I can use a much higher bitrate than 128kpbs for 2.0

Is there anyway to bump up the 2.0 bitrate?

THX, JNT
    For the love of God, use hub/core labels on your Recordable Discs!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Why???? 5.1 audio requires more bitrate because it has more channels. 128 kbps is enough for stereo. Also don't forget that AAC is more efficient than old mp3.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I just want the best audio I can have in the mp4 video file.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's easy to change the bitrate... Go ahead and set bitrate in the RipBot264 GUI to 128 and save the job, but don't hit START yet. Now go to you RipBot264temp folder and the appropriate job# folder. Edit the job#_EncodeAudio.cmd file and replace 131072 with 196608 . This will encode your audio at 192KB/s, which is the rate used by apple on their itunes content. Save the new update job#_EncodeAudio.cmd file with the same name. Now press the START button on the RipBot264 GUI. Your newly created video will now be encoded with 192KB/s 2.0ch audio. Just remember if you moidfy the file and then go back into the job on the GUI you'll need to edit the cmd file again. Everytime you go into the GUI job it recreates the cmd files you find in the RipBot264temp/job# folder.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Doesn't seem to be working. I make my setting for the PSP format. (Crop, resize, ect). I then go back and edit the job#_EncodeAudio.cmd file and replace 131072 with 327680. I did not change anything in the UI.

When the job is done, the audio is still 128k.

Is my bit-rate wrong? Can Ripbot not create a 320K AAC audio file?

THX, JNT
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Guys, in my case changing cmd files was not a way out - there are too many files to encode.

I went another way. If you noticed, in \ripbot\Tools\fhgaacenc\ there is an src folder.
    This is the source for fhgaacenc.exe which has inside a piece of code

else if(!_tcscmp(argv[i],_T("--cbr"))) {
    params->mode = kModeCBR;
    if(++i<argc) {
    params->modeQuality = _tstoi(argv[i]);
    if(params->modeQuality < 8) params->modeQuality = 8;
    else if(params->modeQuality > 576) params->modeQuality = 576;
    params->modeQuality += 64; // ibobak: let us add more quality
    }
    }

so, I added +64 to bitrate, and it was enough to have 192 instead of 128 kbps.

I downloaded Visual C++ 2008 Express and recompiled the executable (previously installed this bundle
    http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/files/libsndfile-1.0.25-w32-setup.exe
    and in the C++ project added paths to headers and libs in "C:\Program Files\Mega-Nerd\libsndfile\" )

So, I got a new fhgaacenc.exe which makes the bitrate as I need it.

Here it is - https://hotfile.com/dl/178438710/0c79eec/fhgaacenc.7z.html
    I suggest to everyone who'll be using it to first backup the original
    \ripbot\Tools\fhgaacenc\fhgaacenc.exe
    before replacing it with mine.
    Quote Quote