VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i am ripping dvd to store on my computer and watch them with a dual monitor, which is my flat screen. ive been playing around with the sizes and such of the movie and bit ratio. but was dose any one know of the best setting for something like this? size of the competed movie is not an issues. and is there a better format im using the generic format/tab one right now.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If size is not an issue then don't convert the files. Keep them as the original mpeg-2. You don't say how you are watching them. Some players (VLC, for example) support ISO files, so you could rip each disc to a single ISO file. and keep menus and extras intact. Or you could rip to a folder (Video_TS) then use VOB2MPG to extract each title as a single mpg file and watch these instead (no menus or chapters). Either of these methods will retain the original quality because no re-encoding is taking place.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. well im using DVDfab, but i was planning on just using, windows media player never thought about doing an iso.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    WMP won't play ISO files, but if you install FFDShow (on older machines) or are running W7 then it will happily play mpg files.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote