VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Since I upgraded to vers 8 I can't seem to do a full disk DVD rip anymore?

There is a pop-up "The 'Full Disk' feature is available in DVD Copy"...? Huh? Is there no longer the free ripping functionality?

EDIT: Meh forget it. I upgraded to 8.0.0.8 beta & it's back to normal!?
    Last edited by chowmein; 7th Sep 2010 at 18:09.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I've upgraded to 8.x and I still get this. I've even gone through my registry to delete all references (I can find) to DVDFab and re-installed. No dice. It still seems to be broken for me.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I believe there was a bug in 8.0.0.5 which lead to the inability to use the free version that was resolved in later betas.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Does the free version of DVDFab let you choose the main movie option now? Before it was just the full movie and that was it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by HemLok View Post
    I believe there was a bug in 8.0.0.5 which lead to the inability to use the free version that was resolved in later betas.
    I've got 8.0.1.1 and I'm still having this issue.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I am still using 8.0.0.5 on 5 different machines and i have not had that problem ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Been on vacation a while but am realizing now that the option I want that is giving me problems is the ISO rip. I haven't tried the folder rip yet but by all outward appearances it may still work.

I'll be testing it empirically shortly but does anyone know offhand if WDTV will play TS folders?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by video_noob View Post
    Been on vacation a while but am realizing now that the option I want that is giving me problems is the ISO rip. I haven't tried the folder rip yet but by all outward appearances it may still work.

I'll be testing it empirically shortly but does anyone know offhand if WDTV will play TS folders?
    There are several versions of the WD player. I have 1st generation player for USB. The later generations may be different. But on this player you are definitely better off with an .iso image. It will play the vob if you select it. But it will want to quit after the vob is done instead of continuing through the movie. Just use Imgburn to create an iso image file on the HD.

Select the "write files/folders to disc" option. As soon as it sees it's a VIDEO_TS folder it will ask if it should change the file system type as appropriate to a video DVD. Just click OK or Yes. In the Output Menu select Image instead of device and just name the file with an .iso extension. It should pick up subtitles and all that but I don't think it shows the DVD menu.
    http://milesaheadsoftware.org/
    Fully enabled freeware for Windows PCs.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
    There are several versions of the WD player. I have 1st generation player for USB. The later generations may be different. But on this player you are definitely better off with an .iso image. It will play the vob if you select it. But it will want to quit after the vob is done instead of continuing through the movie. Just use Imgburn to create an iso image file on the HD.
    The WDTV player will play all files in a directory if you press "Play" on the remote (with the first file highlighted). Pressing "Enter" will play just the one file that's highlighted.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by dLee View Post
    Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
    The WDTV player will play all files in a directory if you press "Play" on the remote (with the first file highlighted). Pressing "Enter" will play just the one file that's highlighted.
    In a DVD VIDEO_TS folder not all files are playable. Also I think subtitles work better with .iso. I'm talking about DVD .sup muxed in subtitles, not an .srt file stuck in the folder. Unless they updated something in spectacular fashion, the .iso works better than just a VIDEO_TS folder.

For movies with audio in your native language and no forced subs it may not matter. But I watch a lot of foreign films and it matters enough that I either do an .iso folder or use MakeMKV to convert to an .mkv file.
    http://milesaheadsoftware.org/
    Fully enabled freeware for Windows PCs.
    Quote Quote