VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    How can I transfer still images from tape on the Sony DCR-HC42? I recorded a wedding not too long ago and while I was recording I also pressed the Photo button occasionally with the understanding the still images would be stored to tape, not the memory stick. Now that I'm transferring the video and still images to my computer, I cannot figure out how to transfer those images I took while I was recording video. I've been through the manual and through the Picture Package software trying various things, but I cannot figure it out. I've got an XP machine and I've downloaded and installed the latest PP update. I've tried the USB streaming tool, but after I click Done on the third page of the settings, nothing happens. I've tried the video capturing tool, but all it seems to do is capture the video, but all I want are the still images. Can anyone provide any help?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sony's like that usually record stills to tape as a 5 second DVavi. they would be right in the video. normally they stop recording altogether right then also. if it didn't stop when the stills button was pushed then still images may have been turned off in the menu and there aren't any.

usb streaming is not the way to get any video off a tape, it's for low quality streaming video. use the firewire port. usb file transfer would be for pictures on a memory card.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote