VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I bought new Samsung HMX-M20 and first impressions were great, I discovered a lot of functions but anytime I want to record, the camcorder is producing a strange noises, it is clicking or how to say it (like an old harddrive in computer). And this clicking is catched by the microphone, so I can hear it in my videos. I discovered that if I turn auto sharping off, the clicking will disappear so I must sharp it manually and that is annoying. So, does anybody have any ideas how to make the camcorder less noisy?
    Last edited by Baldrick; 6th Sep 2010 at 07:32. Reason: New title
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you can exchange it do so before it's too late, Samsung's customer support is really poor you don't want to have to go through warranty repair.
    Quote Quote  
  3. So you think it is broken? Also I know where those noises come from, it is from the battery and card storage, maybe it is a bad card because I had to buy it separately (adata, 16GB, Class 6), cannot be bad card?
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you say it goes away when you turn autofocus off, then it must have to do with the focusing mechanism. My guess would be a bad gear, might be nothing might not. One thing's for sure, the camera isn't performing as advertised; exchange it if you can.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ok, I already posted a request for repair, now I must wait for the answer. I also chatted with a samsung technical support, they said they haven't got any informations about that error yet, so it might really be a broken camcorder.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I've seen several recent YouTube videos taken at concerts where the sound actually goes dead every time the camera zooms in or out. VERY dumb.
    Quote Quote  
  7. The noise may be entirely normal for that camcorder. The machanical portions of many camcorders (tape drive, autofocus drive) often make enough noise to be picked up by the built in microphone.
    Quote Quote  
  8. So my camera was exchanged for another HMX-M20 and what do you think? Same! Same! Same! Still producing that clicking, catched by the microphone! I can post a video on youtube if you dont believe! I say Samsung never, why I shouldn't stay with Canon
    Quote Quote  
  9. This video has a lot of clips and pops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUptvAuwWhE

Is that it?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Yes it is exactly that sound, but in my, it is like tousand times more i will post it.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I called to tech support and they will exchange it for another brand, so I will choose Canon.
    Quote Quote