VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a region 1 (USA) Samsung DVD-C350 DVD player that I just purchase at Target. I found the code to change it to region 2 on this site. I'm wondering if anyone knows the Grid Sequent to change it to all regions...here's what I have so far...(taken from this site)

a. Start the DVD with no disc.
    b. Wait for "no disc" message on the screen.
    c. use the remote for the following steps:
    1. Click the Repeat button.
    2. Click the Fast Rewind button.
    3. Click the Next Chapter button.
    4. Click the Fast Forward button.
    5. Click the Prev Chapter button.
    6. Click the Play button.
    d. If you did it right, a grid of numbers will appear on the screen, some of them highlighted some not.
    e. Write down the higlighted numbers in case you need to restore original settings.
    f. For region #1 the numbers are: 3,8,19,21,22,24
    For region #2 the numbers are: 2,8,19,21,22,24
    g. Save the new settings as instructed below the grid.
    h. THe DVD will automatically turn itself off.
    i. Start and enjoy.

I already took back two DVD's player (One didn't work period...it was broken out of the box) and the other because I was unable to change the settings. I don't think I can take this one back without raising suspicion.

Thanks in advance
    Michael
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Region codes hacks don't always work because...
    1) The manufacturer may change hardware during production and this breaks the hack.
    2) The person who posted the hack may have left out a critical step and the hack won't work without it. It's not common, but it has happened.
    3) The hack may only work on models sold in another part of the world and not on ones sold where you live due to hardware differences.
    4) The hack may require a specific firmware to work and your model has been updated past that version.

Having said that, I want to warn you that I am not aware of even one Samsung BluRay or DVD player sold in North America now that can be hacked. And Sony is just as bad. Most likely you will never find a hack that works for your player. Reason #3 is probably the cause.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    I want to warn you that I am not aware of even one Samsung BluRay or DVD player sold in North America now that can be hacked. And Sony is just as bad. Most likely you will never find a hack that works for your player. Reason #3 is probably the cause.

If that's the case then do you know of any DVD player that I can purchase that will has a hack then? In the past I was able to find the hack with no problem with my older DVD players. It seems companies are making it harder.

Thanks

Michael
    Quote Quote