VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just bought a MacBook pro and was wondering if there is software that will enable me to make DVDs from movies I buy off iTunes so i can watch then in my blu ray player. As it is, it only copies the m4v file to DVD which obviously my player doesn't recognize.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Only if you plug your mac into your TV., or get an Apple TV. iTunes videos are protected to prevent you from doing exactly what you are trying to do. if you want to play movies on your Bluray player, don't buy them from iTunes. You could try something like tunebite to produce an inferior quality copy to play on your bluray player.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. New Apple TV: US$99 http://www.apple.com/appletv/

HD movie and TV show rentals play over the Internet to your widescreen TV

Those movies and TV shows you bought on iTunes don’t have to stay on your computer. For maximum entertainment, stream your digital collection over the air to your Apple TV.
    It also supports Netflix streaming. Only 720p output though.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You need a streaming media recorder. You'll then need to convert the MP4 file to DVD format, but various programs such as ConvertXtoDVD can do that.

My advice would be to stay away from Apple TV. Apple has been trying for years to get that idea to work and I think they still don't have it right. But if you really don't want to convert or buy a media player that understands MP4 files, I guess you could go that route.
    Quote Quote  
  5. In general, I wouldn't recommend the Apple TV -- there are better and much more flexible media players. But the OP specifically asked for iTunes compatibility, so the Apple TV is probably a good fit.
    Quote Quote