VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello there, I have a question for you guys. I have a ILO DVDR04 and have just had to replace the drive. Its the asme one that came out of it. Its a DDW-451S. i have the 3 hour option when I look for it. I have run the update's from gtrman from another forum. It will see and play a disk from the store with a movie on it. It will start to prepare a blank disk, it will take 3-4 minutes and then come up "invalid Disk" The disk's that I am using are DVD+RW. These are the same disk's that I used before ther drive quit. I am looking for some instructions on what I have to do here.

Any help would be GREATLY appreaceated.

Thanx in advance, Sam
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What happens with a DVD+R ?
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. It runs thru the prepairing mode and then says invaild disk. I can play disk from the store and ones that I have recorded before, it just wont grab a new dvd to burn.

Thanx again
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thats the disks that I used are the +'s
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The ONLY reliable RW discs (+ or -) are made by Verbatim and that is it. Forget about what worked in the past and try Verbatim and see if it's better. That is one suggestion.

I assume that this is a standalone DVD recorder. Because DVD recorders are fussy about drives and many will only work with a very small number of drives due to size or connection restrictions, this causes people to look for old drives on Ebay, etc. I can't totally rule out that you got a bad drive if you bought one from some guy on Ebay for example. For all you know someone just removed a drive that's not right and sold it to you. Or maybe they gave it a very quick test with a store bought DVD and didn't try to make a recording with it and they aren't deliberately trying to cheat you but they simply didn't fully test the drive before selling it. Many of these recorder drives are now quite ancient and at some point soon it's going to be almost impossible to find replacements for them.
    Quote Quote