VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I have a slightly older but fast PC built for use as a digital audio workstation. I am using the M audio delta 1010. Will Sony Vegas 7 pro work with this audio interface

I also tried to install the Sony Vegas on the computer but I get a message that says I cannot because I don't have the microsoft directX 9.0

my computer will not let me download it. I am running XP and I think service pack 2, will downloading this mess up my computer?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    time to update to sp3, as sp2 is no longer supported or going to receive security updates. dx9 won't hurt anything.

not sure what you expect to do with the 1010, vegas is a video editor that works mostly with files not live audio.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fuzzblaster View Post
    Hi, I have a slightly older but fast PC built for use as a digital audio workstation. I am using the M audio delta 1010. Will Sony Vegas 7 pro work with this audio interface

I also tried to install the Sony Vegas on the computer but I get a message that says I cannot because I don't have the microsoft directX 9.0

my computer will not let me download it. I am running XP and I think service pack 2, will downloading this mess up my computer?
    The place to ask is in the M-Audio forum. Here is a guy on XP trying to import a delta 1010 into Vegas.
    http://forums.m-audio.com/showthread.php?20918-upgrading-rig-with-my-old-M-Audio-Delta-1010
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have an M-audio Delta 1010LT PCI card installed in an Intel DP35DP mainboard with a Core 2 Duo E6850 processor that has WinXP SP3, 4GB system memory, Adobe Premiere Pro 2, Audition 2, and Sony Vegas 8 in it. Premiere and Vegas see the 1010LT if it's configured in Windows as the default soundcard, and both also only see 2 of the 8 inputs as configured default as well. They may or may not be able to see the other inputs depending on how things are configured, but I'm not bothered.
    That's because Audition sees all of the 8 inputs, which is what I originally intended for: multi-track recording a band. So does the Ableton that came with the 1010LT. I'd never try using a video NLE to capture and/or manipulate multi-track audio, but that's just me.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote