VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. First time poster here and I think this is where I could hopefully find some help on my problem. I'm using Yamb, BeSweet/Belight and what I usually do is convert any files I get that have AC3 as the audio into AAC format so I can repack a new MP4 to watch on my PS3. Now I've been doing this for a while now with no problems but recently had HDD failure and had to reinstall everything.

Now to the problem since reinstalling BeSweet/BeLight I can't get any AC3 files to fully encode to AAC files. It always wants to cut off the file before it is fully completed and compiled into the MP4 file. BeLight notifies me the conversion has completed but the MP4 that should contain the AAC file is corrupt and won't load in Yamb. For example I have a 459MB AC3 file that always finishes at 159MB which seems to be ending too early and leaving a corrupted MP4 file even though BeLight says it did finish.

Any help would be appreciated. I had this all working before but it has been so long I forget how I had it all setup properly.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I don't do AAC conversions, so this is just a "better than nothing" suggestion. I suppose you could let Handbrake convert everything for you and then demux the audio and remux it into your video file yourself.

I am sympathetic to your problem. I had to reinstall XP and I can't get BeSweet to work correctly on my PC now. I've had workarounds where it hasn't been a big problem, but it is still annoying.

The PS3 is really pretty antiquated now as media player. Your life would be significantly easier if you would pony up $100-150 US and go with one of the Western Digital media players for example. I mention this because in the past I've suggested this to people who are living under nightmarish conversion situations where their playback device makes them have to convert everything in order to play it and some people have found it worthwhile to just buy a media player and skip the conversions and get on with their lives.
    Quote Quote