VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been using PGCEdit with a lot of success. But I just ran into something new that I can't figure out. When I go thru a trace and select Play Movie, it goes to another menu (i.e. widescreen or fullscreen). When I select say widescreen, it goes thru a bunch of code and then goes back to main menu. I have run into this on 2 movies so far. Both have the same type command for the button. It is a SET instead of JUMP and show a Set gprm and LinkPGCN PGC. How and where do I fix this? I tried changing some of the JUMP commands in the code after the button. This did not fix it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is no need for a JUMP command in order to get the menu working. In your case a register is set by the SET command and navigation leeds you to to another PGC Number. Is it a commercially authored DVD? Does navigation work on the original?
    If you look through the menu domain you'll propably find a PGC that finally leeds to the main movie. Maybe you should point there...
    What is that disc?
    ggtop
    Quote Quote  
  3. The movie does play correctly in kmplayer after making all the normal edits for the extra bs. I guess it's just in trace mode in pgcedit that it doesn't. This example is Gigli. I guess I don't really have a problem, but I just needed to understand how it worked in case I do need to fix it in a future movie. It's a pain having to make edits and then running it in another program to see if it works since it doesn't run corectly in pgcedit.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I also used PGCEdit many hundred times and never had an issue in Trace mode. The best test is to burn onto RW and try to play on a stand-alone. Most SW players have isues regarding DVD navigation in special cases.
    Did you preprocess your source DVD?
    Quote Quote