VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm very new to Blu-ray and all its file structure. I have a BDMV folder. How do burn this folder using Nero or other tools? I like to avoid re-encoding all the .m2ts files if possible. My understanding is that if I re-encoding all the .m2ts files, I lose the original blur-ray menu and all its features and only get the video and audio only, correct? I may even lose the chapters too, correct?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Forget Nero, use Imgburn. (free)

Mode -> Build. Drag the folder to the compilation window, and if there is one, the CERTIFICATE folder as well. Enter a label name if you like. Burn it, ImgBurn will prompt you to use UDF 2.5, hit okay and away you go.

Good luck.

[EDIT] If the BDMV folder won't fit, there are programs (e.g. BDRB) that can fit it to BD 5/9/25. You can specify full disc or movie-only. So no, you don't have to lose menus. Chapters you keep either way, and subs too if you don't de-select them.
    Last edited by fritzi93; 29th Aug 2010 at 23:22.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post
    Forget Nero, use Imgburn. (free)

Mode -> Build. Drag the folder to the compilation window, and if there is one, the CERTIFICATE folder as well. Enter a label name if you like. Burn it, ImgBurn will prompt you to use UDF 2.5, hit okay and away you go.

Good luck.
    But, only if it is under 23.2 gbs. If it is larger, then you will need to use bdrb first.

Definately use imgburn. It's the best burner out there.
    Quote Quote  
  4. fritzi93, you bet me to it
    Quote Quote  
  5. My edit got in one minute ahead of you.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post
    Forget Nero, use Imgburn. (free)

Good luck.

[EDIT] If the BDMV folder won't fit, there are programs (e.g. BDRB) that can fit it to BD 5/9/25. You can specify full disc or movie-only. So no, you don't have to lose menus. Chapters you keep either way, and subs too if you don't de-select them.
    Thanks! I'll give ImgBurn a try. Nero used to be light and lean but now it's bloated with features I don't need.
    Quote Quote