VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am using MKVMerge to convert a MP4 to a mkv as well as adding subtitles. The former works very well, but the latter doesn't work what so ever. Adding .ASS subtitles to the mkv is impossible. I have, however, managed to add .srt subtitles to it and it works ok - but the qualities of the .ass are completely removed.
    The .ass file works fine in VLC Player and WMP. For those who want to examine the .ass file, here is the link

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the file, and it is quite tedious to convert like 50 .ass files to .srt and sacrifice the quality of it. The mkvmerge which I downloaded is the newest version (v4.2.0), and I downloaded it just today.

I tried messing around with the settings aswell but nothing worked, it seems like a real mystery to me.

P.S. Yes, it is Yu-Gi-Oh 5ds. xD
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Hi!

Same problem here. Looks like someone fucked up big time version 4.2.0. It works fine except it doesn't, in any case, include the input ASS files in the final muxed MKV. I tried by command line and with the GUI. Whatever ASS file I give it as input, it completly ignores it. It does, however, include the rest of the tracks and even the attached fonts. I also tried with different ASS and MKV files, but it's all the same. The only thing it does is showing the ASS file in the progress window while muxing. Version 3.4.0 worked fine with everything, I'll have to roll back to that. I just wanted to know what happened to the newest version. Something so basic as inputing a subs file doesn't work
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So, it is not only me! I thought there were bad .ass / .ssa files, but it is a bug!
    Now I need to found old version to download and install again.
    Quote Quote