VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to start using AviSynth with Premiere CS4 on my Win 7 64 system. I am a rank beginner here so I thought AVSEdit would be a helpful tool but it won't install because it says it needs .Net 1.1 installed. .Net 3.5 is part of Win 7 so I'm guessing that AVSEdit 1.1.0.0 is not compatible with Win 7?
    I installed an Adobe plugin; PremiereAVSPlugin-v1.95, I hope I can figure out how to use it. I used to use VirtualDubMod on my XP Pro system, which seems to work well with AviSynth, but I read somewhere that VirtualDubMod won't fly on a 64 bit system, so I'm trying to work only with AviSynth and Premiere CS4.
    I've read all the "getting started" info regarding AviSynth, but if anyone has any info on what would be a good way to go, it would be genuinely appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ron B View Post
    I am trying to start using AviSynth with Premiere CS4 on my Win 7 64 system. I am a rank beginner here so I thought AVSEdit would be a helpful tool.
    May have been, but obsolete and unmaintained now.
    Get AvsP.

Originally Posted by Ron B View Post
    VirtualDubMod won't fly on a 64 bit system
    Also long in the tooth (though I use it myself).
    Use the latest VirtualDub unless you have a special need for the "mods".
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Alan-I'll check it out.
    I'd love to get working with AVISynth, but like with most fresh starts using new software, the first part of the road can be a little rocky.

Thanks again for the advice.
    Quote Quote