VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all I have some movie from my Panasonic camera in . MOV format and I must to convert for import in Imovie.
    The original clip is 704x576 (but resolution is 1001x576) see the attach movie.mp4 (original move was in DV but I convert in mp4 for upload in the forum but the result is the same)

I want to convert it in 16:9 DV format and I tried some setting but I'm always a incorrect format (se the attach movie)

The my settings in ffmpegx you can see in the attach file scree1,scree2,scree3.

Anybody can help for to send me the correct setting for to have a DV movie converted in 16:9 ??
    Bye all
    Stefano from Italy
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	frame_time.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	3223  

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen1.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	3224  

Name:	screen2.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	3225  

Name:	screen3.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	3226  

Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would probably first try with something else like mpeg streamclip or avidemux and see how it works.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I think 400px height is not proper for DV video... try 720*576...
    And Baldrick is right saying mpeg streamclip should be first attempt... specially in mac envirorment.
    By using mpeg streamclip you can keep mov container and choose Apple DV-PAL codec (resize in 720*576, options-> 16:9).
    Or maybe try command line ffmpeg:
    "ffmpeg -i yourfile.mov -target pal-dv output.dv" if you want you can add "-acodec copy" or change resize filter....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ffmpegX will work if you first set the aspect ratio (Auto Size) to 16:9, then correct the size to a valid-for-DV 720 x 576.

MPEG Streamclip would need the $20 QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component to convert MPEG-2 in a .mov to DV.
    Quote Quote