VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello everyone
    I've used mkvmerge a few times to split videos to fit on dvd5. These were smaller 6-8gb files that are split to 2 pieces.
    Now I have a 10GB file. For some reason or another the drop down size of 4483M does not fit on a dvd..why is this I don't know. I always enter 4475M to play it safe and that seems to work fine. The first file was to 4475M in size and the 2nd it split to 4483M and the 3rd was whatever was left over. the 2nd will not fit on a dvd..

What are my options in this situation?
    I was certain it would split all videos to 4475M as I configured but the 2nd isn't split to that size..
    size: 4,700,413,140
    size on disk:4,700,413,952

On separate issues:
    What tool can I use to rotate any video format.
    I have some video's which are 1080p but not the best quality. What can I use to resize the video down to 720 and keep the same quality/bitrate?

Thank you for your time
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    1. Try splitmkv.
    2. Try uncropmkv to resize.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    thank you for the quick reply. I did an open with then searched for the splitmkv and it opened a msdos windows saying"...blah blah blah has been opened for writing" and it has a percentage count..why is it taking so long to load? mkvmerge takes 3 minutes to split a 10gb file..wierd.. (never mind, I thought it was loading the file but realized it's splitting them, so quite fast)

Also it split them to 3.9gb..it's still working but where can I configure it to 4.3gb?

oh, btw, no other window besides the msdos comes up, is this correct?
    Quote Quote