VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi all

I am really sorry if this is a dumb question but i am stuck. I have recently just bought a Sony HX5V camera and i want to do a slideshow for my PS3 on a DVD, i have nero and created a slideshow for a AVCHD disc. I can create it fine on the computer using nero and it burns fine onto DVD.

When i go to play it on my PS3 the disc is recognised and the title comes up, however when i click on the title it takes an age to start playing, and when it does play its missed about the first 10-15 pictures out, the rest play fine no problem when it eventually starts. If i re-wind backwards i can see the photos its not playing are on there but if i stop on any of them it just hangs on that picture and wont go on.

The Video from the cam plays spot on, its just the photos on the slideshow where it misses the first 10-15 off....is there something i am doing wrong???

Thanks

chris
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know this does not answer you question but...

Have you tried saving the photos in a folder and saving it to the PS3 HD to use the PS3 slide show?

Choose the folder and press Options button and select 'Slide Show Start' then 'Normal'. It will give a slide show with a cross fade effect. I like the 'Portrait' mode which gives a cross fade and a Ken Burns effect. It might save on No Doz pills.

If you need background music then press the PS3 button and select the music folder to play.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Frankly, I lost all faith in Nero being able to do anything right with video or video disc burning a long time ago.

Create your AVCHD video (using Nero, if you must). Use MultiAVCHD to author this video into a suitable format. Burn this format to a quality blank disc using Imgburn.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    hi thanks for the replies, i had thought about using the ps3 slideshow but was going to try something more snazzier but i may have to settle for that.

Also no i dont have to use nero to do my slide show, what else do you recommend? could i use say the one that windows has built in??

So once i have created this slideshow do i convert it using this multi avchd programme? i do have imageburn i did not know this supported AVCHD

sorry for basic questions i am new to all this

Chris
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you output the file as an AVCHD compliant 1280 x 720 or 1920 x 1080 AVC (H264) video then you can just import it into AVCHD to author the structure for burning. That would be the simplest method.

Otherwise, look at DVDSlideshowGUI, and output an uncompressed or losslessly compressed AVI, then use MultiAVCHD to do the conversion and authoring. Note : this could take several hours to complete.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. multiAVCHD supports Slideshow creation directly. Just drag a folder with pictures to multiAVCHD and it will prompt you if you want to create a slideshow.
    Laugh and the world will laugh with you. Cry and you will be alone
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    im sorry i am really lost now ! is there a step by step guide on how to do this??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is a good starter tutorial on the author's website. It is certainly enough to get you started. From there the best way to learn is to do. Experiment with the tool and see how you go. You can't break anything.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    do you have the link to the starter tutorial mate?
    Quote Quote  
  10. You don't need the tutorial for this. Simply drag a folder which contains your pictures to multiAVCHD program window.

The guide (outdated) is at http://multiAVCHD.deanBG.com/tutorial.php

The official page at doom9: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143744

Dean
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Can you add music and effects etc??

If not and i create a slideshow with say windows, nero etc is it possible to then put this into multiAVCHD and turn it into a AVCHD that will play on my playstation 3?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Yes, you can add background music... There are some effects, but you can't select them per picture.

Yes, you can prepare your slideshow elsewhere and import in multiAVCHD for reencoding to AVCHD/Blu-ray.
    Quote Quote  
  13. In DVD slideshow GUI just use one of the 720p/1080p resolutions(under Presets), make your slideshow and hit File->Burn to disk.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by tin2tin View Post
    In DVD slideshow GUI just use one of the 720p/1080p resolutions(under Presets), make your slideshow and hit File->Burn to disk.

When i do this will i still be able to burn it onto a normal blank DVD? and will the pics come out at 720 quality??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by chrisnewton View Post
    Originally Posted by tin2tin View Post
    In DVD slideshow GUI just use one of the 720p/1080p resolutions(under Presets), make your slideshow and hit File->Burn to disk.

When i do this will i still be able to burn it onto a normal blank DVD? and will the pics come out at 720 quality??
    Yes, if you author the video as AVCHD using multiAVCHD and play it back on a PS3 or suitable bluray player. if you want to play it back on a standard DVD player then no, you will have oyu output at SD resolution, encode to mpeg-2 SD and author a DVD
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    ok sorry to sounds daft here then, so i need to use both DVD slideshow GUI AND multiAVCHD for this to work??

And yes i want to play it on blue ray players

Thanks for all help here lol
    Quote Quote  
  17. AFAIK both programs are using TSmuxeR to author a BluRay friendly file structure which can be burned to a dvd and played in a BluRay drive. At least that's how DSG does it.

Select File > Burn to Disk and you should get a dvd-disk which plays in a BluRay drive if you select a 720p or 1080p resolution.
    Last edited by tin2tin; 9th Sep 2010 at 17:08.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    Frankly, I lost all faith in Nero being able to do anything right with video or video disc burning a long time ago.

Create your AVCHD video (using Nero, if you must). Use MultiAVCHD to author this video into a suitable format. Burn this format to a quality blank disc using Imgburn.
    My problem is I created video using Nero 10 AVCHD/Blu-ray option and attempted to load it into MultiAVCHD for authoring but I get errors stating the video is not recognized as a AVCHD\Blu-ray standard. Any video created using Nero 10 doesn't seem to work in MultiAVCHD, at least for me it doesn't.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, if so what was your resolution?
    Do unto others....with a vengeance!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    multiAVCHD: Hi, got a question. Is your software certified by AVCHD? And do you have any licenses to use this trademark as we dont want to have troubles using possibly illegal software in company here. Im asking bcoz i would like to use it in company where i work on 3-4 workstations but it must be a legal software. Thanks.
    Quote Quote