VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Has anybody else seen this problem? I have several DVD's that contain theatrical and director's cut versions on the same disk. They do this by using the same vobs for both title-sets, with each title skipping over the parts of the video that are for the other version.

Examples of these include all four disks of the Alien Quadrilogy, Pinapple Express, Role Models, Max Payne, and the Simpsons Movie.

When I try to rip one of the title sets with Vob2Mpg Pro it correctly lists the run time of each title set, but after ripping the mpg file is much longer than either title set, and viewing it reveals that it contains all of the video from the vob files. This causes all sorts of jumping back and forth as it shows a section from one title set followed by a section from the other.

Has anybody else had this problem? I tried using Nero Recode to extract just one title set (still in VIDEO_TS format), in the hopes that it would include only the relevant video into the vobs, but it doesn't work either. The new VIDEO_TS folder plays fine, but when I feed that into Vob2Mpg it still has the video bits from the other title set.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is this in IFO mode or VOBSet mode? Can you zip up and attach the *.IFO files of such a disk?
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ChrissyBoy View Post
    Is this in IFO mode or VOBSet mode? Can you zip up and attach the *.IFO files of such a disk?
    It's in IFO mode. I have attached a zip file with the IFO files. Also attached is the logfile from VOB2MPG Pro.

The DVD is Grandma's Boy. It has the theatrical and unrated versions combined into the same set of VOB files. I tried to extract title-set 2, which shows a running time of 1:34:45. The extracted mpg file has a running time of 1:37:01, and you can see it jump from content that belongs in one title-set to the other.

Thanks,

Kevin
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok. Thanks for that. I see what is going on. I'm guessing that you can replicate this issue by just extracting chapter 1 from Title 2? If so would you be able to upload VTS_08_1.VOB to my FTP site, given the details?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just checked, and one of the places where it glitches is in chapter 1, at about the 4 minute mark. I can upload the VOB file if you give me the details.

Kevin
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. Just wondering if there was any progress on this issue. I can upload the VOB file if you tell me where to upload it to.

Kevin
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have PM'd you the FTP details. If you can send as much of the DVD as possible but a minimum of VTS_08_1.VOB - i will get to the bottom of it.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Any word yet boys? I'm having the exact same problem. For me, I noticed it with the Family Guy DVDs. They're even worse because there more than just 1 deleted scene. In other words, you're watching the episode, all of a sudden it skips back and plays one version, then continues, then skips back and plays the 2nd version and so on. The most I've seen it jump back was 4 times. VERY annoying. PLEASE HELP!!!
    Life is like a game of poker. If you can't spot the sucker after a few minutes...then you ARE the sucker.
    Quote Quote