VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all. I ripped some tv episodes with DVDFab and converted them with meGUI. Each episode goes for around 20 minutes. When I open the mp4 with vlc the episode length displayed is around 40 minutes. If I watch the episode to the end it stops playing after 20 minutes like it should. However, if I skip to say the 30 minute mark, it is as if the episode is repeated but there is no sound. So if I skip to 30 min mark I'm seeing what just happened at the 10 minute mark again, but with no sound.

When I select the Title of an episode in DVDFab it says there are 6 chapters, however the last chapter is 0:00 in length. I have tried ripping it including the 6th chapter or leaving it off but I still get the same result.

What else can I do to fix it? Is there a way to remove the second part of the video? I have used VirtualDub to do such things with avi files before, would this work with mp4 in VirtualDubMod perhaps?

The other weird thing is that judging by the size of the mp4 the video is really only in there once, even though it appears twice in a row. Thanks for any help
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could try avidemux, open, cut, save as a new mp4. Under video and audio choose copy.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    You could try avidemux, open, cut, save as a new mp4. Under video and audio choose copy.
    I get a message saying "The audio stream may be invalid for this container. Continue Anyway?" When I click Yes it says the file has successfully saved, but there is no file output.

It works if I use a file with no audio. I took that new file, then remuxed the audio back in and again the time changes to 40 minutes.

I am using AC3 audio ripped straight off the dvd.

Any ideas? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Knowing the title of the dvd's ripped would help pin point the issue.

Stargate series dvds are much fun.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Bjs View Post
    Knowing the title of the dvd's ripped would help pin point the issue.

Stargate series dvds are much fun.
    It's Arrested Development Season 1, PAL region 4. I've ripped several other tv series and never come across this issue before.
    Quote Quote