VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am using a Canon R100 HD video camera. I shot some video and put them together in Sony Vegas Movie Studio 10. I shot the clips in 1080x 1020 60i. All I did for editing was trimming and transitions between the different clips. The video is about 20 minutes long. I plan on putting it onto a DVD.
    Before I rendered it I made a quick 90 sec. clip for testing I use the same format for those clips too. There was very little editing done there. I rendered the 90 sec clip with these settings: windows media V11 1920x1080 producing a .wmv file. This took about 20 minutes and the output file size was pretty big for such a small video.
    So my question would be.

Is there a faster was to render?
    Is there a smaller file size output?
    Will this format work for a DVD?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    HD is slow to render. You are pushing a lot of pixels. You haven't put any computer details in your profile beyond "Windows XP", which leads me to believe it is neither particularly new or particularly fast. Rendering is very CPU intensive. The more CPU you can throw at it, the better.

File size = running time x bitrate. This is a universal law of digital video. The higher the bitrate, the bigger the file. The lower the bitrate, the smaller the file. However eventually lowering bitrate will affect quality. You need to find a balance between bitrate and quality.

No, you cannot create a DVD Video disc with that output. DVD requires mpeg-2 video at 720 x 480, authored appropriately (See What is DVD - top left corner)
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote