VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey gang,
    Downloaded DVD FLICK https://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVD_Flick onto my HP Desktop (Windows Vista) a while back and love the fact that it seems to be able to burn any files that I feed it onto DVD for home viewing.
    In the past month, though, the Audio Sync has been off on every disc that I've burned for my home DVD player... there seems to be a hiccup the moment it starts playing in the video (like a tiny pause, and then the audio is off until I PAUSE and then hit PLAY... then the audio syncs up for a while, until it starts to be off again, so I PAUSE/PLAY to re-sync as many times as I have to to get through the movie.

Anyone have a solution to this, but it a fix to the programme, a theory as to why its happening, or an alternative programme that's freeware?

Thanks!
    Doc, AKA dalek7
    www.vaughn-media.com
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used DVD Flick for several years, and for no reason started having the same problem with audio being out of sync..... so I switched to
    another program, ConvertX2DVD4, that worked quite well for a while, and then that program gave me audio problems, too.
    I think both Flick and Convert X have some sort of audio correction built in, that should be turned off before the conversion process
    starts. On many downloaded .avi files, the audio is off by a few milliseconds, and these programs try to correct it automatically.
    Also, converting Dolby Digital to AC3 seems to possibly screw things up during conversions....
    When DVD Flick started doing what you describe, I tried un-installing and re-installing several different versions, it didn't help at all.....

Recently I just about wasted three DVD-R's, doing .avi conversions of cartoons for my grandson. Had no clue that the audio was
    completely off, skipping consistently every few seconds, ruining all the work and time I put into it. I guess the old saying is true...
    you get what you pay for.....
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try this it may work. Once loaded file into dvdflick, go to edit title, click on audio tracks and then click on edit again. There will be a tick box for 'ignore audio delay for this track'.

Fingers crossed.
    Quote Quote