VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Before purchasing my Samsung (region 2) BD-P1600 player (built 2009/04) I searched the web to find out if I could make my player region free for DVDs, this forum was very helpful, one thread explained how to apply the fix, sadly the suggested fix dosn't seem to work on my player, which means I have a heap of region 1 DVDs I cannot play
    Here is what I tried, I'd welcome any other suggestion that don't involve Brazilian firmware & HEX editors as I'd rather just push the buttons on my remote control

Firmware version 2.09 (EUF)
    Turned the player on, waited for the Samsung logo, pressed eject, then again to close, waited for 'no disc', then hit 'REPEAT' 5,7,5,3,8
    I've tried this many times and cannot get it to display the current region so I can press 9 for all.

I then rolled back to firmware 2.05 (EUF) still couldn't get the fix to work!!! so reverted back to the latest firmware availble from Samsung 2.09

The other problem I have is Sherlock Holmes Blu-Ray will not play past the Warner Bros Logo, it just freezes as the disc loads. The disc is fine as plays in other machines, my other Blu-ray discs play OK so it's not my player. Anyone else have the same issue?
    I called Samsung who are looking into it, so who knows what that means or how long it will take for them to release new firmware....

2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please do no cross post,one thread is enough,this thread is closed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.