VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a lg bd570 which can play varoius types of media throgh a usb hard drive and would like to know the best and easy way to do so?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bluray -> MakeMKV -> Handbreak.
    Quote Quote  
  3. i want to keep the hd audio and only select main movie. itried make mkv and a no go don't like it. I dont think handbreak can make hd compliant mkv with hd audio?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can your drive transfer the decrypted Blu-ray to a computer? That appears to be a standalone Blu-ray player.
    Quote Quote  
  5. yes my drive can first to my hard drive then i want to make a quick mkv hd for my usb drive that is connected to my dvd player. i tried fab but it doesnt work for mkv.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    red, I believe that he was planning on playing it on his DLNA complaint device, via HDD. Hannibal, might I inquire as to what issue you were having with MakeMKV? I have used the method I suggested and never had an issue. The method I mentioned was to get the MKV file and then Handbreak to shrink the file. It may be possible to use DVDFabDecrypter to ISO and then import it into handbreak, but cannot admit to having tried it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. make mkv copys the whole movie and wastes time where as i only want the main movie not trailers or extras.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hannibl you can chose just the main movie.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Last edited by hannibal1; 17th Aug 2010 at 22:15.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's never costed me anything http://www.makemkv.com/ it just has to be updated every so often.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You have to buy it if you want to convert or stream Blu-Ray discs.

From http://www.makemkv.com/buy/
    MakeMKV contains both freeware and shareware functionality. You may use MakeMKV to convert or stream DVD and AVCHD discs for free, as much as you want. Converting or streaming Blu-ray discs is shareware functionality. You can use shareware functionality for free during 30-days trial period. If you like MakeMKV and you want to use it after your 30-days trial version expires, you need to purchase a registration key.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  12. i keep having problems where the audio keeps going from dts -dolby pro logic so i get no sound? I am keeping thr video from source as well as the audio which is dts-hd. i tried pavtube and the only audio u can select is ac3 5.1 and then it works, but with the dtshd i get video but problems with the audio? tried dvd fab mkv and blurip.
    Quote Quote