VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. before posting, i have read several threads of similar cases. but i still cannot resolve my problem so i just have to post a new one to ask.

here is the problem:
    My win OS is win7 64bit. I have installed K-lite codec pack ver 6.20 FULL. However, the computer is pre-installed with IDT High Definition Audio codec pack.
    When I tried to play music on windows media player, iTunes and winamp, there was no sounds at all.
    Then I tried to play videos on MPC, VLC player and KM player (.avi & .mkv files), there was only pictures and again with no sounds.

However, there was sounds from youtube and from .rmvb files (using Realplayer plus.)

So, does anyone know what i need to do?

Thanks!

note: there was also no sounds when i play .rmvb files in MPC, VLC and KM players - only pictures
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First of all, go into the control panel and under your audio device controller, make sure the volume is not muted. (I doubt that is the problem, since YouTube and Real Media files can be heard; but you need to look anyway.)

What types of audo streams are not playing? Mp3 files, wav files, ac3 files, etc.? Possibly a codec conflict.

Originally Posted by bbravve View Post
    I have installed K-lite codec pack ver 6.20 FULL.
    Why on earth did you do that? Did someone tell you it was a good idea? (If so, shoot them.)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well ive checked and it was not muted.

I was trying to play .mp3, .m4a files, they all dont work.

And, may i ask, whats wrong if i am using k-lite codec pack? Because it seems to have all codecs i need, esp mkv flv codecs.
    If that was a bad choice, any alternatives?

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Will the IDT codec be the reason,causing the conflict?
    It is installed when i bought the computer.

If it is the problem, how can i disable it?
    Quote Quote