VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    got a slight prob with usb mass storgae devices using windows 7. Basically whenever i copy to the device like my flash stick.....or amny flash stick! It just stays on the x amount of time remaining and does nothing. Have waited hours and still same amounr of time remaining. no issues in device manager either. Ne1 got any ideas?

Cheers!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1. Try transferring only a few files at a time.
    2. Realize that some USB memory sticks die quickly.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Some USB sticks are better than others. If you'd like a recommendation, I've been buying Patriot brand as I find them reliable. Even the best manufacturers do sometimes produce sticks that fail and have to be replaced. You could also try reformatting the stick and see if that helps.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1: Right click on the USB drive and select properties
    2: Select the Hardware tab
    3: Under All Disk Drives, highlight your USB drive and select Properties
    4: Select the Policies tab and select Optimize for performance.
    5 Press OK twice

Should solve the mystery ... and always use the safe removal icon or risk data corruption.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Get a short usb lead .. it can prevent damage to both your USb device and your Usb computer slot. However your Usb stick/device sounds like its either getting bad connects or has reached End of life, remember flash memory has limited read/write cycles and some are very short lifespans. Its probably just a bad Usb connection, try jiggling the thing around, or altering the "in" part with a pair of pliers to maintain contact in the slot. Try a different Usb lead if its a disc drive.
    Power ! to the people! who put usb powered devices into their computers! a usb powered device may not be getting enough juice eg a 2.5 inch disc drive, try in others computers to ascertain continued viability
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote