VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am a new user of VOB2MPG Pro. So far the program is working great for me, but I have a couple of questions:

1. I noticed that in the mpg file the audio track or tracks are not named. In media player classic they show up as "unknown". Is this a limitation of the mpg container? Or could the language names be included?

2. The same question for subtitles. It appears that all subtitles are included into the mpg file, but again they are not named, so selecting the right one is rather tricky.

On a related note, I am primarily using this to convert my ripped DVDs so that I can play them on my PS3 through PS3 Media Server. But on my PS3 I cannot activate subtitles, even if they are there in the mpg file. I am guessing that this is a limitation of either the PS3 or of the DLNA protocol. Is there an easy way to include a subtitle track into the video stream? I imagine this would require re-enconding the video. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Kevin
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After looking into these issues, I now see that the PS3 won't recognize subtitles in streamed files, so I have to hardcode them into the video stream. Handbrake seems to handle this OK, though.
    Quote Quote