VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I left my computer on all night (6 core@2.8GHz) and it was still on DTS to AC3 the next morning.
    I made the files myself from my Blu-ray collection and riped them and used MakeMKV to convert them but PS3MS will not play them on my PS3 no matter what transcoding engine I use in it.
    I have many files that are like this, I really want the utmost quality.
    Quote Quote  
  2. mkv2vob always hangs on dts to ac3 and problems with PS3 media server

Originally Posted by BirdDaddie View Post
    I left my computer on all night (6 core@2.8GHz) and it was still on DTS to AC3 the next morning.
    I made the files myself from my Blu-ray collection and riped them and used MakeMKV to convert them but PS3MS will not play them on my PS3 no matter what transcoding engine I use in it.
    I have many files that are like this, I really want the utmost quality.
    mokv2vob DTS->AC3 converter is buggy. Audio stream gets broken even if converted.
    probably you need external DS DTS Decoder.
    i would rather use XViD4PSP which requires .NET Framework 3.0
    Quote Quote  
  3. is there a program that can serve it to my PS3 that I don't have to reencode the file-it could transcode it on the fly?I really don't want the permanent loss of quality that comes with a reencode. I have tried PS3 media server with every transcoding engine and it can't play them also I have tried TVersity with no luck
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BirdDaddie View Post
    is there a program that can serve it to my PS3 that I don't have to reencode the file-it could transcode it on the fly?I really don't want the permanent loss of quality that comes with a reencode. I have tried PS3 media server with every transcoding engine and it can't play them also I have tried TVersity with no luck
    Sounds like the original MKVs could be broken (as far as PS3 playback is concerned). PS3 Media Server should be able to transcode an MKV with DTS audio on the fly. Either that, or you have a codec issue. You could try cleaning up your codecs.

I've never created an MKV, but I always convert them to M2TS using tsMuxeR. Those that contain DTS audio, I extract the DTS using mkvextract and convert to 640 kbps AC3 using eac3to(andmoreGUI), then re-pack using tsMuxeR again. I know this technically "destroys" the DTS, but I don't think many people could really tell the difference between DTS and 640 kbps AC3.
    Quote Quote