VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi ... new here ...

I need advice to get a file from Epson Print CD off a mac and onto a pc. Aside from all the funny questions why I would want to do this ... has anyone actually done this?

I am not familliar with this CD printing program and don't see any obvious way of exporting a file out of the program itself.

I tried to simply take the file from the mac and copied it onto a thumbdrive and put it on the pc. This didn't work as the mac file gave a file extension of .ec4 and the pc files have an extension of .ec3.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Why don't you download the Epson Print CD Windows version from Epson?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Baggy, if you are talking to me ... I have it right now on both PC and MAC. I'm trying to figure out how to export the file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    are you trying to export a picture file you made or a file that is part of the program itself?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Andii,
    You will have to go to the international site for Cannon drivers (print programs) and select a version from England, or Australia for example. The versions of the drivers in the US version of the print programs don't support printing CDs. Patent issue that Cannon doesn't want to have to pay a licensing fee to another printer company - apparently only applies in the US. Also if the printer was a US version, you have to do a hack to enable the CD printing. I'm assuming that is not a problem since you apparently have been able to print them with the MAC.

rcubed
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
    Andii,
    You will have to go to the international site for Cannon drivers (print programs) and select a version from England, or Australia for example. The versions of the drivers in the US version of the print programs don't support printing CDs. Patent issue that Cannon doesn't want to have to pay a licensing fee to another printer company - apparently only applies in the US. Also if the printer was a US version, you have to do a hack to enable the CD printing. I'm assuming that is not a problem since you apparently have been able to print them with the MAC.

rcubed

hehe wow - where did you come up with "canon"? the only printer he mentions is epson.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is it an .ec3 or .ec4 file? If so, you may try dragging it to a USB stick, saving it in the folder with the other printCD templates - then see if PrintCD can recognize it.....or- just do "file" "open" and go to the memory stick.

Other than that, PrintCD can open a photo .jpg file without problems. The only issue I've had with the program was trying to get the hub diameter small enough to print on some media - found a fix using google.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
    Andii,

rcubed
    My bad - Senior moment (there have been too many of those lately!)

rcubed
    Quote Quote