VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is a region hack described for the Samsung C5500 that does not seem to work for US version players (https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/samsung-bd-c5500/10794). Has anyone successfully applied this hack to a US region one player?

I tried to find a Brazilian firmware since it sounds like people were able to region free their other type Samsung players that way. However I downloaded the Brazilian, Australian, German, and English version of the software from Samsung and was surprised that the firmware filename was always the same. I did a byte comparison of the files and they are identical which makes me wonder if all players run on the same firmware. This cannot really be since the same player sold in different regions has different features. Unless the firmware for all regions is in the same file and depending on a local setting on the player it knows which part of the file needs to be updated.

Can someone post maybe a video tutorial on how they made the hack work on their player? The timing to enter the code seems to be of the essence but there are conflicting infos on how fast to type the code. I tried it at various speeds but could simply not make it work on a US player (even though a code seems to exist for those players).

Any help is appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I have the same problem. I bought this BD player in US and I can't unlock, I already tried all codes and nothing.

Can anybody help us? I don't know, maybe if hack firmware, we could unlock this BD Player.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have the same problem. I bought Samsung C5500 player in US and I can't unlock, I already tried all codes and nothing.

Can anybody help ?

Thank's
    Quote Quote  
  4. Anyone able to change region on Samsung C5500 US version???
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Guess this thread REALLY needs me to say this...

1) Samsung and Sony make the MOST DIFFICULT players in the world to unlock right now. If you want a region free player, you need to buy another brand.
    2) A very small number of Samsung models have reported to be able to be unlocked. Most are sold in Australia. We got ONE report that one US model could be unlocked. ONE. That's it. Sorry but I don't remember the model number (because of reason #1 I care nothing about Samsung and Sony). The odds are it's not yours. Off the top of my head I would say that there's maybe 4-5 Samsung models in the entire world that can be unlocked. Sony doesn't even have that many.
    3) Sometimes manufacturers make hardware changes during production or in other parts of the world. The hack instructions may be perfectly correct but only work on Australian players or maybe it did work on US models, but you had to buy one more than 1 year ago for it to work. It's not an exaggeration to point out that by the time you read about a hack, it may already be too late for it to work on YOUR model.
    4) Based on threads like this one (we get posts all the time from Samsung and Sony owners wanting to unlock their players) the odds are that this is NOT your problem, but I will throw it out there anyway. In a few cases we've had hacks reported but the person who reported it left out some key piece of information and the hack won't work without it. For example they may say to input a number like 54321 but what you really have to do is input 5 enter 4 enter 3 enter 2 enter 1 enter for it to work or you may have to push an arrow key and they didn't tell you that.

The odds are extraordinarily high that none of you will unlock your players. Sorry.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    I have a BD-C5500, bought it in Portugal, and it was hacked and all good, but we had to get it repaired, and it was upgraded to the lastest firmware...now I can't get it set to region free again...any thoughts?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately it's well known that upgrading firmware on any region free player may permanently make it unable to become region free again. Your only option is to downgrade the firmware to a version that was known to be able to be made region free. Do note that firmware downgrades are not without risk and it is possible to destroy your player by doing this so you are on your own here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Still worth saying - if you want region free then DO NOT buy Sony or Samsung!
    Quote Quote  
  9. .okay I understand. I have the same issue the thing is that my disk is SUPPOSED to be region free as the amazon liars told me. It does not play though. i do not want region free i just want my blu ray to play a REGION Free or a Uk disk anyways
    Quote Quote