VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    THis is for my Philips Gogear Vibe SA2bve. I need to convert videos from whatever format, usually avi or flv, to mp4. The video compression was successful with Quicktime Pro and the Photo JPEG codec, although it was saved in .avi y renamed it to .mp4 and video worked fine in the mp4 player but it can't play the audio. Quicktime doesn't have the audio codec needed MS ADPCM-ACM (I put it wrong on the title :P I don't know if there is a way to add the audo codec needed to QT, or if may you know another software that can do the whole job with that video and audio codecs.

Thank you all.

d_d
    Last edited by devil_doll; 11th Aug 2010 at 23:00.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Hi!

For your Philips device use Songbird application. With that you can easily convert any video to Photo-JPEG/ADPCM encoded MP4 file and upload it to device. Songbird should also included on your Philips device. Tested and works!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thank you, but the songbird application that came with the device doesn't have the function, otherwise I wouldn't be posting this thread... I even called Philips and they have no solution for this because they can't recommend any other software.

that's it
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Hi!

I had exactly the same situation, i.e. the Songbird included with Philips device had no video encoding feature. I've searched the Philips support/drivers page for an updated version of Songbird and found an edition for my device. This version includes video encoding feature. With that I've successfully converted and uploaded an 1:40 hours long Xvid movie to MP4.

You can also try the http://getsongbird.com/ for original Songbird if there's no Philips edition...

BR,

Junkie
    Quote Quote